What Causes Ingrown Toenails?
There are several different causes of ingrown toenails:
- Wearing shoes that are too small and crowd the toes
- Trimming toenails in a curved manner (instead of straight across)
- Cutting toenails too short (instead of even with the edge of the toe)
- Injuring a toenail through physical trauma (sports injury, auto accident, dropping something heavy on the foot)
- Having an inherited nail structure that is unusually curved
No matter which of these causes has led to an ingrown toenail for you or a loved one, The Kansas Foot Center can help. Home care is often quite effective and our specialists can provide the directions you need to successfully resolve the condition.
In the event you would prefer to have the ingrown nail treated by a professional, or the condition is recurring, we will be glad to help. Simply give us call at (866) 222-5177 or schedule an appointment with any of our three Kansas offices (Wichita, Emporia, or Newton) online today.